Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants and nominees must be Mayland residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WBFF viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WBFF (the “Station”), WNUV, Grand Bahama Island, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per contestant.
(b) To enter, log onto www.FOXbaltimore.com to complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone, age, and write in 150 words or less why your mother or a mom you know should be named "Baltimore's Best Mom" in the provided area and click submit. By entering, entrants agree that the winning mother will receive the prize, not the entrant.
(c) The contest starts on Wednesday, May 2, 2012, and all entries must be received by Station by 11:55 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, May 9, 2012. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or for printing errors server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of three judges comprised of Station personnel based on the following criterion: 50% content, and 50% creativity. On May 11, 2012 the judges will determine one (1) winning mother based on the score for the criterion set forth above.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) winner will be selected. The winner will receive a trip for two to Grand Bahama Island. The trip package includes roundtrip airfare, economy class, for two (2) from Baltimore-Washington International Airport to Grand Bahama Island, and three (3) nights hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy) at the Grand Lucayan Resort. The trip package does not include any meals, other transportation, gratuities, trip cancellation insurance, baggage fees, miscellaneous airline fees or any other expenses. The trip must be taken by May 11, 2013, is subject to reservation, availability, and blackout dates may apply. The trip package is valued at $1,250
2. Winner will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within ten days of notification at the time winner(s) claim his/her prize in person at the Station. If a winner is a minor, then the winner’s parents or guardian must sign a release and affidavit of eligibility before the winner receives his or her prize. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the winner’s release and affidavit of eligibility within the time frame specified above. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within ten days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score, as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. The Station, sponsors, and prize provider shall not be responsible for winner’s failure to take the trip within the time frame described above, or cancellation of the trip by the winner.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WBFF 2000 West 41st Street, Baltimore, MD 21211 and on the Station’s website at www.FOXbaltimore.com.
2. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Baltimore’s Best Mon 2012 c/o WBFF 2000 West 41st Street, Baltimore, MD 21211 by Jun 11, 2012.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Grand Bahama Island, and The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
5. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.