Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Maryland residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WBFF viewing area and are an existing user of Facebook.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast stations WBFF (the “Station”), WNUV, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, Downtown Dog Resort, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry accepted per person. An entrant who is otherwise a winner may be disqualified if they are found to have entered the contest more than once under separate e-mail accounts.
(b) The contest starts at 8:00 a.m. EDT on Monday, September 24, 2012 and ends on at 5:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, November 2, 2012. Entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. EDT on October 12, 2012 to qualify for the voting period. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(c) To enter, log onto foxbaltimore.com and click on the “Pet Contest” icon or log onto the FOX45 Facebook page at www.facebook.com/foxbaltimore, and click “Like” to access the Pet Contest online contest entry page and online entry form located https://www.facebook.com/FOXBaltimore/app_323428214418678. Register for this contest by entering your name, address, phone number, and birth date, together with responses to any informational questions included in the registration process. Registered entrants will need to log on to upload their pet’s photo. Photos must be in the form of jpeg and cannot exceed 2000MB in size. No mechanically completed entries will be accepted.
(d) By entering entrants represent that (i) they own the pet depicted in the picture, (ii) they own all rights to the picture, (iii) the picture has not been altered or enhanced with any software, (iv) the picture does not violate the rights of any third parties, and (v) agree to the Station’s terms and conditions located at http://www.foxbaltimore.com/sections/station/legal/privacy.shtml. No lewd, nude, cruel, crude or offensive photographs (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. The Station reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any entry.
(e) Beginning October 15, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. EDT and ending November 2, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. EDT, registered voters or entrants can vote on photos by selecting their one (1) favorite photo. Only one (1) vote will be allowed per account holder during the voting period. The photo with the highest number of valid votes, as determined by the Station, will be selected as the grand prize winner. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the online votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Facebook “likes:” are not considered votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
In the event of a tie, one winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entrants.
(f) All entries (including photos) received that are a duplicate, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entrants may not enter using multiple e-mail addresses or as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses or under multiple identities, or uses any other device to enter multiple times will be disqualified. All entries (including photos) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
(g) The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the contest should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond the control of The Station, in its sole opinion, corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the contest or for any other reason at the sole discretion of The Station.
The Prize (s)
1. One (1) winner will be selected. The winner will receive a 3 Day Ultra Luxury Vacation Gift Certificate Downtown Pet Resort. The prize is subject to the terms and conditions of Downtown Pet Resort. The value of the prize is $295.
2. Winner will be notified by phone. Within ten (10) days of notification, winner must claim their prize in person at WBFF FOX45 2000 W. 41st Street Baltimore, MD 21211. Before receiving the prize, winner must provide their correct name, address, telephone number, and social security number to the Station at the time of notification. Before receiving prizes, winner must also sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner is not eligible to be a winner, does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, or does not claim the prize within ten (10) days of notification, then the prize will be forfeited, and may be awarded to the entrant with the next highest number of valid votes, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion. 4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of the Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group Inc., and Sinclair Communications, LLC are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group Inc., and Sinclair Communications, LLC are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. Sinclair Television Group Inc., and Sinclair Communications, LLC. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning / Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of votes received.
2. Prize winners will be listed on the contest website. Official rules are available online at www.foxbaltimore.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Attn: Cutest Pet Contest: WBFF FOX45 2000 W. 41st Street Baltimore, MD 21211.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Communications, LLC, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, Facebook, Inc, Facebook.com, and Downtown Pet Resort accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. The Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. The Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates at any time and in its sole discretion.
ADD STANDARD FACEBOOK DISCLAIMER LANGUAGE HERE.