Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Maryland residents who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the WBFF viewing area, and are an existing user of Facebook.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WBFF (the “Station”), WNUV, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household if more than one winner per contest.
How To Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per contestant.
(b) To enter, log onto the WBFF Facebook page at www.facebook.com/foxbaltimore, click the “like” button and access the Fox45 Freebruary online contest entry page and online entry form located in the “Freebruary” tab. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, and birth date in the provided area and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on January 30, 2013, and ends at 10:00 a.m. EST on February 27, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by Station by 12:00 a.m. EST each weekday during the Contest Period to qualify for the daily weekday (Monday through Friday) drawing. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) Each weekday between 5:30 and 9:30 a.m. ET during the Contest Period, beginning on January 31, 2013, up to one (1) hourly winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries for a total of up to five (5) winners per weekday, or up to a total of one hundred (100) winners for the Contest Period. Each of the hourly drawings will be held between 5:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. ET. The hourly winners will be announced at various times between by 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. ET during the Station’s Morning News on channel 45, and each winner will have thirty (30) minutes from the time of the announcement to call the designated telephone line to claim his or her prize. If a winner does not respond within the thirty (30) minute time frame, then such winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, another winner will not be selected, and the unclaimed prize will carry over to the next hourly drawing and added to the prize amount for the next hourly drawing. Any forfeited prizes will carry over to the next hourly drawing until a winner calls in to claim his or her prize within the 30 minute time frame. If a prize amount remains unclaimed on a particular weekday, then such prize amount will carry over to the next weekday during the Contest Period, except if the final winner does not claim the final prize amount, then the prize will be forfeited and remain the property of the Station. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next drawing.
(e) Station is not responsible for any telephone system failure or malfunctions or other inability of entrants to reach the designated telephone line. By calling the designated telephone line, each contestant gives permission to Station to record and/or broadcast contestant’s telephone call.
(f) All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Up to 100 winners will be selected. The minimum hourly prize will be a $100 Visa gift card. Winners will be notified of the actual value of any prize in excess of $100. The prize is subject to the terms and conditions for Visa gift cards.
2. Winners will be notified at the time of their calls. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within five (5) days of notification at the time winners claim his/her prize in person at the Station. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WBFF 2000 W. 41st Street, Baltimore, MD 21211 and on the Station’s website at www.foxbaltimore.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WBFF 2000 W. 41st Street, Baltimore, MD 21211 by March 29, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, Facebook, Inc., and Facebook.com accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.